Thursday, July 21, 2011

Wine and Love (v2)

I'm linking up with Walking with Nora for another week of Wine & Love!
Wines
  • So remember last week's wine, about how hot it was that we were using our air conditioning 24/7? Well I shouldn't have been complaining because the day after I wrote that the air conditioner broke. We already had someone come out for an estimate, and at this point it's looking like the amount we'd spend to get it repaired we might as well buy a new one. And there's the fact that our home warranty was only for 1 year, which we didn't renew, and we've been here for about a year and a half. But we have been here for a year and a half and this is the first thing to go wrong in the house so it could be worse.

  • And remember this post, how I realized at the NKOTBSB concert my camera flash wasn't working. I thought I just needed a new battery, but after a little research I think the flash itself is broken. I've had this little point-and-shoot forever in terms of camera time (since May '05), and while I had it repaired about a year after I bought it (the joystick to control the camera got stuck), besides that it's been great. I know I've gotten more than my fair share of use out of it, but still it makes me sad.
Love
  • The idea of a bran new camera! Can you believe mine doesn't (or maybe didn't is more correct now) have a macro setting? Definitely need one on my new one (although I think it's hard to buy cameras without it now). But besides that I really have no idea what I want, besides of course a point-and-shoot. I am no way ready to upgrade to a dslr. I love my little sony and would love to buy a new one, but if any one has any camera advice send it my way!

  • I tried Red Mango, a new frozen yogurt place, for the first time this weekend. No pictures (we were outsides and again no camera flash), but it was really good. I tend to go fruit-y with my fro-yo and got White Peach, Lemon, and I think pineapple flavored, and topped it with pieces of mango, kiwi, blueberries, raspberries, white chocolate, and of course sprinkles.
That's it for me this week. Hopefully next week will feature a little less wine and a little more love.

4 comments:

  1. Eeep sorry to hear about the a/c! I guess it's kind of nice that that's your first big expense in almost 2 years though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sucks about the a/c.. But its' good that that is your first big expense. But still, never funto deal with unexpected expenses like that!

    I am in the market for a new point & shoot as well. I too have a Sony. Mine is a Cybershot that I got in 2004 and it still works well, but the lense is smudged and try as I may, I can not get the smudge out... but I am going to put off this purchase for awhile since you can't tell there is a smudge unless i take pictures that have a lot of the sky in them... which I so rarely do...

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reading this, I want some frozen yogurt right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Red Mango. Actually I love most fro yo places.

    ReplyDelete