Saturday, July 16, 2011

True Adventures of a Wannabe Princess

Someday My Prince Will Come by Jerramy Fine
This book has been on my radar, and sitting in the pile of books next to my bed for a few weeks, but it wasn't until I read Jessica's review that I knew I had to have this jump a few spots on my reading list. And honestly, I'm so glad I read her review, and that I finally picked it up.

At age 6, Jerramy Fine knows she is destined to marry Peter Phillips, son of the Princess Royal, and grandson of Queen Elizabeth II. After college she moves to England to fulfill her dreams of meeting and falling in love with her chosen soul mate.

I couldn't help but root for Jerramy on her journey. Even though I know Peter Phillips (who I keep wanting to called Prince Phillip, straight out of Sleeping Beauty) is married and now even a father, and I know Jerramy is not his wife, I couldn't help but hope something would change and she would still wind up with her fairytale ending.

Yes, Jerramy has a set goal, but the book is really her adventures along the way. They are at times so over the top and amusing, and yet they still feel completely true to real life. I think any girl can tell you what it feels to fall for a guy and unfortunately not have him call the next day, or instead deal with crazy obnoxious roommates where homelessness is almost preferable. Yes, the overall premise of the book could come off as not relatable, but her 20-something journal comes off as almost universal.

I'm surprised that this book hasn't had more press, especially considering the recent royal wedding. I have heard that she's planning a new book which I can't wait to read. I am so glad I read it, and I've already talked this book up to several friends. I can't wait to pass it along, and only hope they'll enjoy it as much as I did.

5/5

3 comments:

  1. I'll definitely be picking this one up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Glad you liked it.

    Haha, I totally didn't know anything about the Prince Jerramy was obsessed with so I kept holding out hope that maybe she did actually marry him. I do love that she met him though!

    ReplyDelete