Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Pooh and the Deathly Hallows

Winnie the Pooh
It almost feels wrong writing about this in the same review as the new Harry Potter. But we did see both this past weekend so here it is. It was a short movie (barely over an hour) which was appreciated, because it wasn't that enjoyable. We took the boy's niece to this one, and while she was the best behaved she's been in a movie, I think that's more her getting older and not the movie being completely captivating. I did enjoy Zoey Deschanel's music, but for the actual movie I could go without every seeing it again and I'd be ok.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
Now this one, as soon as it ended my main thought was when can I see it again. There were definitely times watching it where I worried that I would be let down, but thankfully every scene I was looking forward to seeing was there and met my expectations. I think they only one they could have perhaps done better was Mrs. Weasly's and Bellatrix's fight. There was almost no lead-up to it. I would have liked to see more of Ginny and Bellatrix fighting first, but instead without really knowing what's going on Mrs. Weasly had already taken over.

And of course the death scenes weren't there. It made scenes considering it is a kid's movie and they were trying not to alienate yuong fans, but I know there's people out there who would have rather scene it happen. I can't go as far to say that I would have enjoyed watching certain people die, or even that it would have improved the movie, but they were shown in the book and maybe should have been in the movie as well.

I do think it was a fitting end to the series, and like the rest of the world I'm a little sad to see it end. (But is it silly that a part of me is a little excited to be able to introduce it all to my future children to see their reactions seeing it all for the first time?)

5 comments:

  1. I loved harry potter! Despite being slightly different than the book I thought it was great and so happy to finally see it; sad that its over but can't wait to see (really read) them all again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it too and am going to see it again on Monday with my dad at the Imax theater - I can't wait!
    I'm so glad that the very, very end was there. It was what I wanted to see most!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my opinion, the final movie left a few key parts out (like the fight you mentioned). But I really enjoyed it. The only bad thing I have to say is that I left the theatre kind of depressed. The story of Harry Potter is over and it makes me want to cry! I still haven't received my letter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, I was actually hoping the Winnie the Pooh movie would be good. Oh well :) I saw The Princess and the Frog the other day and almost fell asleep. DISNEY WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO YOU?

    On to the important things.. HP! I thought they did an amazing job with the movie - a very fitting conclusion to the series. I agree with you about the Bellatrix fight. I also wish that the final battle between Voldemort and Harry would have been better. I mean, they were the only two people there and it also made it seem like Harry won on skill. Great movie overall though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was soooo sad to see Harry Potter come to an end! I loved the last movie though!

    ReplyDelete