Sunday, July 10, 2011

In My Mailbox (15)

It's another edition of The Story Siren's In My Mailbox. For those who may be new to this bloghop, it's a way to share the books we've picked up in the past week. They don't have to arrive through your actually mailbox, books borrowed or purchased or checked out from the library are all welcome.
In My Mailbox
Borrowed from a Friend
The Fallen by Thomas E. Sniegoski
This is actually the first two books in the series (The Fallen and Leviathan). I'm not completely sure what its about, but from the cover and title I have a feeling it's about fallen angels. It is YA, and there are 2 more books in the series after this (or really 1 mega-book), so I'm excited to get into a new series.

For Review
The Tudor Throne by Brandy Purdy
This was actually sent to me by the author herself. Aside from the book there were also 2 bookmarks (pictured above) and the book was signed as well. It's about Queen Mary and Queen Elizabeth I, and looks to be from each one's point of view in alternating chapters. I'm always looking for new historical fiction, from England in particular, and this is another one I can't wait to dive into.

So tell me, did you find anything good in your mailbox this week?

13 comments:

  1. A great haul! Awesome stuff... I can't wait to read The Fallen :)
    Check out what's In My Mailbox

    Mia @ Gripped into Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see what you think of "The Tudor Throne".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great set! The Tudor Throne sounds especially interesting.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great books this week! Definitely want to read The Fallen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had The Fallen in my hands at one point, but I think I returned it. Whoops. I hope you enjoy it!

    Check out my IMM this week--> http://unautrehistoire.blogspot.com/2011/07/in-my-mailbox-3.html

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you have a nice stack of books this week in your mailbox. Fallen looks like a good read.
    Happy Reading,
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Fallen sounds really great! It's on my list to read. :) I hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really want to read The Fallen. It sounds good.

    Happy Reading

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have Fallen on my shelf! I haven't read it yet though! Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know your books but they sound good :D

    Happy reading! I hope you like them all :D

    PS: Thank your for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Tudor Throne has been on my wishlist. It looks great! Enjoy your new reads.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hadn't heard of The Tudor Throne until just recently, but it looks good. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete