Sunday, July 31, 2011

In My Mailbox (17)

Once again I'm back playing along with The Story Siren's In My Mailbox where we share the books we've picked up over the past week.
The past weekend I've hit up the Borders closing sale. The whole idea of Borders closing is awful and really disappointing. But luckily for me, the most convenient stores to me are Barnes & Nobles, so I'm ok for now. Overall the sales haven't been too great yet (except for magazines, and I did wind up with a wedding magazine or two) but books are starting to disappear. Hopefully by the time the price slashing really starts there still are books left. Now, onto the books!
In My Mailbox
Bumped by Megan McCafferty
I've been absolutely dying to read this one! First is a YA dystopian, and second the basic idea is about teen pregnancy. Now I'm a little obsessed with MTV's Teen Mom and 16 & Pregnant, and I love babies and can't wait till I'm pregnant myself (still several years away though). So basically this book seems to be made just for me. I can't wait to read this one, and only hope it lives up to my high expectations.

Cleaving by Julie Poewell
I read Julie's first memoir, Julie & Julia, right after I saw the movie, and wound up enjoying both the book and movie. I haven't heard the greatest things about this book, but it's still one I want to read to hear more of Julie's story. Plus at the clearance price and the discount on top of that, if I was ever going to pick it up now was the time.

The Luxe by Anna Godbersen
Another book I'm really excited to read. This one also incorporates two of my favorites, YA fiction and historical fiction. Aside from knowing it takes place at the turn of the century in New York, most of the plot is a mystery to me. But just looking at the gorgeous dress on the cover I can't help but want to read it.

Did anyone else hit up the Borders closing sale this week? If so, what made it to your mailbox?

8 comments:

  1. Looking forward to your thoughts on BUMPED! I had mixed feelings about it.

    I haven't been to a Borders yet (I'm a BN girl) but plan on hitting up a sale soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the Luxe! I wasn't that big of a fan of Bumped, but I know some people who loved it, so I hope you enjoy it! Here's my IMM if you want to check it out! Happy reading!

    -Jessica (Peace Love Books)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only read Bumped and I LOVED it!! Hope that you enjoy your new books!

    Kristina
    http://ladybugstorytime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is very sad that Borders is closing. I think it's bad for the publishing industry even though I've always preferred B&N and B&N is much closer to me. Luxe is a fun book.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Luxe. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Luxe series is one I would love to read. Bumped sounds great as well. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE "Luxe" and the covers :) Looking forward to getting a copy of "Bumped" as well.

    ReplyDelete