Monday, July 28, 2014

Zero to Hero

Hercules
I thought this was a really interesting take on a familiar tale. It was played to keep Hercules "real" without magic or the gods, but told in a way that showed you where the legend came from. It wasn't an origin tale, but even so mentioned the trials of Hercules in passing or flashbacks.

The movie did start out slow and took a while to get into things. Yes, it did feel a little long, but overall I did enjoy myself. But even with a fresh take on the story, it still managed to feel a bit predictable.

Did we need this Hercules movie? Probably not. But I would recommend it for a interesting take on a story we all know. I don't think you need to run out to the theaters for it, but it is worth sitting down for eventually.

4 comments:

  1. I'm actually taking my Dad to see it on Wednesday. Not normally my cup of tea, so to speak but it's totally my dad's type of movie! Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Rock is in it, which means I will most likely watch it and not pay attention to any of the dialouge :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Rock, story be damned hahaha.

    ReplyDelete