Monday, June 3, 2013

Monday Movie Review

After Earth
I'm still a little mixed over this one. There were parts I enjoyed, parts that made me cry even, but overall it was so slow. I think about halfway through I asked the boy what time it was, because I wanted to know how much longer we were stuck in the theater.

I do think one surprising note is that this is directed by M. Night Shyamalan. Surprising because you would have no idea based on the previews. I'm guessing people have gotten tired of his movies, so maybe they felt using his name would detract people from wanting to see it? But again, it doesn't really feel like a Shymalan movie, so maybe not advertising him being the director made sense.

Overall this isn't a bad movie, but it isn't necessarily one I'd want to see again. I think if you're a huge Will Smith fan maybe see it, but otherwise there's a ton of better options in theaters right now.

1 comment:

  1. I have been hearing mixed reviews all day! One person said they think they didn't use Shymalan's names to garner buzz b/c they thought it would hurt the movie...maybe not!

    ReplyDelete