Sunday, June 30, 2013

Mailbox Monday (38)

One of my 101 in 1001 goals is to cut my to-read pile in half. In theory, this is a doable goal, especially considering how quickly to read through books. Although it makes it nearly impossible, when I have such big Mailbox Monday posts. I'm not quite complaining here, but I guess it isn't a bad problem to have. With that said I'm linking up with Book Obsessed, our host for July, to share my recent bookshelf additions.
Mailbox Monday
From Paperback Swap
Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr
I actually won the 3rd (or maybe 4th) book in this series almost two years ago. It's been sitting unread till I can read the books before it, but now at least, I'm finally on my way there.

For Review from Historical Fiction Virtual Book Tours
The Tudor Conspiracy by C.W. Gortner
I think this summer may be my summer of Gortner, but I'm really excited about it!

For Review from TLC Book Tours
Etched in Sand by Regina Calcaterra
This one is a memoir of five sibling who survived an unspeakable childhood on Long Island (taken directly off the cover). I have a feeling this will be the type that makes you cry, but still happy to see that they've made it to the other side.

From Goodreads
My goodreads luck must be back since after last week's 6 wins, I've continued to win 5 more over the next week. Not sure how long this will keep up, but at the moment, I'm definitely enjoying it!
The Case of the Missing Servant by Tarquin Hall
This is a crime series, that (what I'm most excited for) takes place in India. This is the first in a series, and I think the 3rd or 4th recently came out.
Immortal Bird by Doron Weber
This is another memoir, about a family raising a son with a congenital heart defect.
Chasing Alaskaby C.B. Bernard
I think this is also a memoir type, but dealing with exploring Alaska's wilderness.

What did you find in your mailbox this week? And are you able to take books off your reading pile, or does it seem to be always growing like me?

15 comments:

  1. Whoa! You won 6 books from GR?! I have never won one of their books. It makes it pretty discouraging to even enter! I tend to enter more giveaways through blogs and tend to win a lot that way.

    My TBR pile is completely insane. I could probably fill an entire bookcase! It's bad. I am never caught up on the books I put on hold at the library so I rarely get to the books I actually own. Kinda weird, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of your new books....but they look very tempting. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is hard to cut your reading pile down when the books keep rolling in. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Etched in Sand and The Tudor Conspiracy look good.

    ENJOY your reading.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so lucky with the GR giveaways! I've only won 1 time ever! Enjoy all your new books :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Immortal Bird was heartbreaking but a really good read - enjoy!

    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard great things about Gortner's books. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love to read as well! I love the play on words in your blog title. So cute! It is so wonderful how you fell in love with LA :)

    Have a wonderful 4th of July! <3

    Biggest Love,
    Victoria from Unlock Your World.
    http://vi-key.blogspot.com/
    Have you unlocked your world?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy! your reading week.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/07/mailbox-monday.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you have a successful reading week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice wins from Goodreads. I enjoy the Tarquin Hall mysteries.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy reading, Shoshanah! I hope you'll enjoy each new book.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I go in streaks with GR wins - it's been a while. I hope you love the Gortner book!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's been so long since I won from Goodreads that I thought it wouldn't happen again, but I won three in one week - The Boleyn King, The Case of the Missing Servant, and Night Film - all totally different from each other, but they look yummy! I think you'll like Wicked Lovely. I read and reviewed Immortal Bird ... last year? ... I had very mixed feelings about it, even though you can usually not go wrong with an IndieNext pick. I will be looking for your review.

    ReplyDelete