Thursday, December 16, 2010

No Longer a Princess

Mary, Bloody Mary by Carolyn Meyer
My mom bought this book for me several years back, and on a recent trip back I decided to pick it up so I could finally read it. Once I started I was a bit surprised that this was actually a young adult historical novel that is about Mary's childhood. It's not that surprising consider when my mom bought it for me, but a surprise nonetheless.

I tend not to read a lot about Mary Tudor, but mainly because I tend to take Elizabeth's side in general. I know there isn't really a right or wrong side, but I tend to enjoy reading books that have Elizabeth favored in a more positive light instead of the opposite.

I can't say there was a lot I learned reading this, which is something I like while reading historical fiction. But then again it is a young adult book, so that shouldn't be to surprising. Overall I did enjoy the book, and I am glad I decided to finally pick it up, it isn't one that I have any strong desire to reread again.

No comments:

Post a Comment