Monday, December 13, 2010

Monday Movie Review

Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
I realize these movies haven't quite turned into the next Harry Potter as many had hoped, but even so I still find them enjoyable. They tell the story, and overall are faithful to the books. (At least as much as I can remember. It is interesting watching the movie as minor plots details spark a memory.) But I think my biggest complaint with them is that the haven't put a lot of money into them.

We opted to see the 2-D version, which considering how silly some of the effect looked in 2-D, I can't imagine paying extra to see them would have been worth it. Honestly with as much history as the books have, you'd have thought they would have put more money into them, and it's a little sad that they haven't. It's hard to say these are THE movie version, and think several years down the line they will be remaking the series yet again. I can only hope that the do decide to continue this version witth The Silver Chair which was my favorite book. But after the 4th, I don't necessarily see the rest of the movies being made.

No comments:

Post a Comment