Thursday, December 2, 2010

Love & Tangled

Tangled
To start with this is a Disney Princess movie so is there anyway I wouldn't love this one? We actually took the boy's niece (although technically I guess officially my future niece) with us when we saw it, and to be honest while I love taking her to the movies I don't quite get as much into the movie as I would if I wasn't worried about her. But even so it was really cute.

I think Mandy Moore has the perfect princess voice to play Rapunzel, plus she can sing! As for the songs, while I liked them the didn't feel as amazing as some of the classic Disney songs. Maybe they're the type to grow on me, but there wasn't really a new "Part of Your World" or "Can You Feel the Love Tonight."

We did see it in 3-D, which even though it is expensive I still love. Although the boy's niece decided her 3-d glasses weren't fashionable enough and decided to switch to her sunglasses, aka NOT 3-d glasses, halfway through.

But overall it was a cute movie, and I'm sure if I was a little girl I would have completely fallen in love. Well I can say its my favorite Disney movie, still goes to The Little Mermaid, I do think it can hold its own beside them.

Love & Other Drugs
Talk about two polar opposite movies in one post. While this one is billed as almost a comedy I don't think that's quite right. I wouldn't even really classify it as a romantic comedy. Pretty much not to far into the movie you have a pretty good idea of how it's going to end, and it's not pretty. Watching the movie you know that even if there is going to be a happy ending, it is going to have to be a bittersweet one.

Then there's the part that everyone is talking about... the nudity. Let's just say if you ever wanted to see Anne Hathaway topless you'll have plenty of chances here.

But honestly, the movie really is as good as everyone says it is. But just as a warning don't go in expecting a light fluffy comedy or you may be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment