Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sunday Morning Pancakes

A few weeks ago now, I posted this entry, where I wrote about making blueberry pancakes for breakfast. Its such a ridiculously easy recipe that makes delicious pancakes. I wanted to be sure to share it with you all so today, or some other Sunday you can make your own pancakes. Really, you have no excuse not to make pancakes from scratch now!
Blueberry Pancakes
Pancakes
from Marion Cunningham's The Breakfast Book
Makes two dozen 4-inch pancakes (Although we'll normally half the recipe and that makes a perfect amount for the 2 of us)

Ingredients
2 eggs
5 tablespoons butter
1 cup milk
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
4 teaspoons baking power
3/4 teaspoon salt

Instructions
Put butter and milk in a small saucepan and warm over low heat until butter has melted. (I normally just do this in the microwave.) Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl until they are thoroughly blended. After the butter mixture cools slightly stir into eggs and mix well. Put the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into the bowl and stir with fork until well mixed.

Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and stir only until the dry ingredients are well moistened. Don't over mix.

Heat a griddle or skillet until a few drops of water dance on it, then lightly grease. Drop 2 or 3 tablespoons of batter for each pancake onto griddle and cook until bubbles break on the surface. Turn the pancake over and cook another 30 seconds, or until the bottom is lightly browned. Serve the pancake hot.

To make Berry Pancakes: Sprinkle 2 or 3 tablespoons of berries on top of each pancake after the pancake has cooked to the point where bubbles are breaking, gently pressing the berries down into the pancake with a spatula. Then flip and cook for about another 30 seconds.

Now you have homemade pancakes! And really instead of adding fresh berry you can add almost any type or fruit, or even chocolate chips! I'm getting hungry just writing this. Hope you all enjoy your pancakes! What kind of pancakes do you want to make or enjoy eating the most?

~Shoshanah

3 comments:

  1. I love pancakes and that sounds like one of the most easiest recipes ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL you sound exactly like my friend! She can't believe that I use a mix...

    Although my problem is that I don't seem to cook them right, they always end up burnt AND undercooked...

    ReplyDelete
  3. these pancakes look fantastic! I have to admit, whenever I have made pancakes lately--which isn't often-- I use a mix. but they really aren't anywhere near as good as the "real thing." I'll have to keep this recipe in mind for next time!

    ReplyDelete