Monday, September 14, 2009

It is 09 afterall

Anyone else notice how many movies with the number 9 are coming out this year, in of course 2009? Let's see I've already talked about District 9, Nine won't be released till November, which only leaves...

9
I didn't really know what to expect with this movie. The previews for it did look interesting but didn't reveal a lot of what goes on. Anyone you read about it mentions a post apocalyptic world and these... number things must save it. But besides that I wasn't quite sure.

The movie itself just starts off almost right in the middle of the story. They don't explain a lot to you upfront, and leave you to figure out what happens slowly as the movie progresses. If you wait long enough you are able to understand the movie, but at first you feel a little lost.

Without giving anything away, I wasn't a huge fan of the ending. The boy was able to explain what the were trying to achieve a little better, but I do think they could have ended the movie better. Although, I can't come up with a better ending myself.

But the overall feel and look of the movie was probably my favorite part. It was a lot of fun. You would think that having the characters each be a number you'd lose a lot of originally, but that wasn't quite the case. They made an attempt to make each number unique, but granted there were a few times I wasn't sure which character was in which scene.

I wouldn't say the movie was spectacular and can't miss. But it was enjoyable and I am glad I saw it. I will say that even though its a cartoon, its isn't geared towards kids, there were a few times when I myself was scared. But if you're looking for a fun escape for an hour or two this could be it.

~Shoshanah

3 comments:

  1. I didn't really feel like watching it, the previews were sort of weird... but I think I'll rent it when it comes out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This movie is pretty high on my list of movies to see. I'm hoping that we'll see it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. interesting....I cant decide whether or not i'll see it yet!?

    ReplyDelete