Saturday, December 27, 2008

Merry Christmas?

So Thursday was Christmas, clearly. It's funny I was definitely looking forward to it, and was awfully excited about it. But once it was Christmas, it was kind of like, "That's it?" We sent the day at the Boy's parents (that's their tree in the picture). And we opened presents, and ate food, and watched the Boy's niece play with her mini-basketball hoop. It all just felt a little off.

I think part of me doesn't feel like it was Christmas, since I'm not at home. That maybe if I was spending time with my parents, and my grandparents, and my aunt and uncle and cousin and brother then maybe it would feel like Christmas. But that's kind off taking the easy way it. It's definitely much more than that. It's been a long time since I've woken up early on Christmas, all excited because, "It's Christmas!" And I don't really think it's going to happen again. There isn't going to be a time when the holiday really lives up to all the hype. Maybe when I have kids, and I'm able to see Christmas through their eye, but even so... it won't be quite the same. I not really a big fan of this whole growing up thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment