Sunday, December 28, 2008

8 Crazy Nights

So tonight is the last night of Hanukkah. I finally made latkahs tonight, and I think they turned out pretty good. At least a WHOLE lot better than last year when I didn't have enough oil. So I figured a quick recap of my favorite, or at least my most amusing presents.

So my parents send me dresses for my American Girl dolls. (Yes, I am 24, but I figure it's a collectors item! And worse case scenario I can pass them along to m daughter.) First was an outfit my mom actually sewed. A Renaissance Faire out! It was so cute. A shirt, bodice, an underskirt, an overskirt, and a belt. Pretty much the cutest thing ever.

Then actually sent by Pleasant Company, or I guess really Mattel now, was Felcity's new pink holiday's dress. Second was a Silver-y outfit for my doll of today. Now, they have stated sending mini stories along with the Doll of Today outfits (or Just Like You dolls, as they call them now). I guess to try to get girls to read more. They don't really tell you what book included is about, but more of, "This is a book about friendship." So imagine my surprise when I turned over my copy of Friends on thin ice to read

Shoshanna and Gemma are two girls from very different worlds. Read how they find out what it really means to be best friends.


How funny is that! Now obviously it is a different spelling of Shoshanah, but it was still pretty surreal to read a story with my name in it. I can't say that happens very often when your name is Shoshanah!

No comments:

Post a Comment