Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Whose Afraid of the Big, Bad Wolf

The Wolf of Wall Street
I'll see Leonardo Dicaprio in pretty much anything he's in. (Just reference my reviews of J. Edgar and Django Unchained.) So I knew no matter what I wanted to see this. Even if I was a movie I probably wouldn't have gone to see otherwise.

Yes, it was over the top. But that was definitely the point of it all, and Leo did it justice. It was just a hard movie to watch because everyone in it is such an awful person. Even the FBI agents, who are the good guys here, are shown as having a depressing, doldrums life compared to the excess in Leo and his friends'.

Is this a movie you need to run out at see? Probably not, especially if you haven't seen it by now. But it's still one I'm glad to have seen, at least so now I know what everyone else was talking about.

5 comments:

  1. I've wanted to see this one for awhile now, but I think I'll be okay waiting until it's at the redbox.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think unless there's absolutely nothing else you want to see in theaters, it's definitely one that makes sense to wait on.

      Delete
  2. I think I'll be seeing it this weekend. For one, I love Leo. For another, I try to see all the Best Picture nominees before the Oscars. I'm a little bit obsessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always try to see all the Oscar movies too, but this year I feel like I've been slacking a little.

      Delete
  3. I have wanted to see this since I saw the movie trailer advertised on T.V. I love Leo, and he always seems to put on a stellar performance in any movie he's in. Thank you for the review & for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete