Friday, January 31, 2014

Five on Friday (1)

For the first time in ever, I decided to join in the fun and link-up at The Good Life for Five on Friday!
1. After all the cold weather and ice, things are starting to get back to normal. But just for fun, here's one more photo from our yard from Wednesday afternoon.
photo
3.I kept hearing over and over how much I would love Downton Abbey, and finally gave in to temptation. I borrowed the first season from a friend and while I'm only 4 episodes in, I am loving it just as much as I hoped.



3. With all the crazy cold weather we've been having I thought it was finally time to try the pin above. While my version my not have been as pretty, and the ice cream melted pretty quickly, it was still amazingly delicious.
Hot Chocolate & Peppermint Ice Cream Float
4. For years I've been driving by Mitterndorf's on the way from Baton Rouge to New Orleans, and I finally had the chance to stop in and try it. I had their soft shell crab platter, and it was exactly what I was expecting (in a good way). It is a bit out of the way to stop by normally, but I'd be more than happy to stop there again on the way back from New Orleans.
Soft Shell Crab
5. I've spent years of refusing to upgrade my phone, but I finally did it and am now the owner of an iPhone 5C. Of course that means I lost my unlimited data plan, but so far that hasn't been an issue. I've been avoiding downloading apps so far, except for Twitter and Instagram which are basically required, but if you have any suggestions for apps I should look into please let me know!

6 comments:

  1. Those icicles are insane! The fries are making me hungry, too!

    I have apps - but really only use facebook, instagram, twitter, and words with friends (plus gmail and msnbc!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hesitated to update my phone as I did not want to lose my unlimited data plan either but so far I have not had any issues and I haven't changed the way I use my phone. Hopefully you won't go over either!

    I did a 5 on Friday post today soon - seems like it was a popular post because I have read several with this post theme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love seeing photos of people's yards with the ice. I still haven't watched that show but I always hear great things. Glad you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We LOVE Downton Abbey. Dave is totally into it too. Maybe even more than I am!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, that float looks delicious. I'll have to add peppermint ice cream to my grocery lists. (I always have hot chocolate on hand.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need some of that hot chocolate right now! Yum

    ReplyDelete