Sunday, January 19, 2014

Mailbox Monday (61)

I didn't have a chance to post last week for Mailbox Monday, which you can definitely tell with the amount of books I'm sharing this week. I can't even remember the last time I had a mailbox this big. But alas, picking up so many books also means I have to manage to find the time to read them as well.
Mailbox Monday
From Paperback Swap
A Wild Affair by Gemma Townley
Years ago I read Genna Townley's The Importance of Being Married and thought it was awfully adorable. But I didn't realize until recently there was a sequel. Hopefully when I read it, the parts of the first I've forgotten come back to me, and I enjoy this just as much.

For Review from France Book Tours
Marie Antoinette's Head by Will Bashor
The is a non-fiction book about Marie Antoinette's hairdresser. I always seem to enjoy non-fiction books I read, but never feel like I read enough of them. So I'm definitely excited to get into this.

For Review from TLC Book Tours
Three Souls by Janie Chang
Another type of books I enjoy, but seem to rarely read, are books that take place in China like this one. It's a historical fiction and seems to have a touch of fantasy, which makes me really curious.

At The River's Edge by Mariah Stewart
Last year I read two others in this series and really enjoyed them both. There's some so comforting about romance-y novels like this. Yes, you know exactly what to expect in them, but sometimes, that's a good thing.

Won from Beyond the Aisle
A Mad, Wicked Folly by Sharon Biggs Waller
When Heather read this book, I couldn't help but be intrigued, which is why I was so excited when I won her giveaway. This is a YA historical fiction that takes place in London in the early 1900s. From everything I've heard from Heather I'm really going to love this one, so hopefully it lives up to my expectations.

From my Mom
Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer
I know so many bloggers who really seemed to enjoy this one, so when I saw it sitting with my mom's books I couldn't help but bring it back with me. Knowing how many others felt about this one, I'm hopefully that I feel similar, even though it isn't necessarily the type of book I'd read otherwise.

Borrowed from my Brother
The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver
My brother read this recently and absolutely loved it, and he wanted me to read it as well. I have read a few Barbara Kingsolver books, and while it has been a while do remember enjoying them.

Have you read any of these books before? And what did you find in your mailbox this week?

10 comments:

  1. I really like The Lacuna. It's incredibly well written, poetic, and deep. I'm jealous that you won a copy of A Mad Wicked Folly. I really want to read that! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you have some really good books waiting for you. And I can relate to loving the huge mailbox and then realizing there aren't enough hours in the day to read them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice haul! I have a review copy of A Mad Wicked Folly that I need to get to reading. The Marie Antoinette book sounds really interesting and from a unique perspective, especially considering poor Marie's fate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh Marie Antoinette's Head looks pretty interesting! I'm looking forward to seeing what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those all look like great reads!! I also love to read :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've added Mad Wicked Folly to my tbr list. I read Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close several years ago and really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw the movie Extremely Loud And Incredibly Close but didn't enjoy it as much as most did, so I didn't read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope the sequel measures up to the book that preceded it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh congrats on the Mad Wicked Folly win! I'm anxiously waiting to read that one! Enjoy all your new books :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm also on the Three Souls tour...and looking forward to it. Happy reading

    ReplyDelete