Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Project 365: Wrapping up 2013

Yes, I did it! I completely my Project 365 and managed to take a photo every single day in 2013. To start, these are my final photos of the year, and afterwards I'll be posting my thoughts on the process.
Lunch at Canes
December 28, 2013 - 362/365: Lunch at Cane's.
Playing Carcassonne
December 29, 2013 - 363/365: Playing Carcassone with the boy.
Chili for Dinner
December 30, 2013 - 364/365: Chili for dinner.
Champagne & Ice Cream
December 31, 2013 - 365/365: Ending the year with a glass of champagne and a bowl of peppermint ice cream. Coincidentally, this matches day 1 of my project where I had grapefruit juice in our toasting glasses. Talk about coming full circle.
Grapefruit Juice
January 1, 2013 - 1/365: Glass of Grapefruit Juice to Ring in the New Year

I've been wanting to complete a Project 365 since before I started blogging, and am I little in awe I managed to pull it off. Especially on my first try. I was sure I was going to miss a day, and have to try again in 2014 to achieve it, but I kept at it. I do think my photography improved over the course of the year, which I think you can see by comparing the two photos above from the first and last day of the year. Of course, some of that was due to my new DSLR, but I definitely couldn't have pulled the year off without having access to my camera.

I'm definitely happy to have the project behind me. There were definitely days when realizing I hadn't taken a picture all day that I'd feel the need to eat dessert just to have something to photograph. Maybe without that justification, I'll have less dessert in 2014?

I'm definitely not planning a Project 365 for 2014, and in fact didn't take a single picture the first two days of the year. But I would still be up for attempting a project 365 at some other point down the line, since overall I did have a lot of fun doing it.

Have you ever attempted, or completed, a Project 365?

5 comments:

  1. For the past four years, I have posted a photo a day on Facebook. I don't know always post it on the day of, and I don't always use my ow photos (such as when we got to see a really good movie), and sometimes I post multiple photos...but I've made it. And it's great to look back at the small moments of our lives that are now great ones we'll always remember (because I too post a lot of food photos). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go!! I dud this 2x and its both tiring but rewarding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I noticed that you eat your chili with rice! That is how my family eats it but I have never seen anyone else eat it that way!

    Way to go on completing this project - that is an accomplishment for sure! It was fun to follow along! I have never done this challenge - maybe I will some day, but I don't plan on doing it this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, all that food looks pretty darn good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. As you know I am attempting to do one this year. I think the challenge will be keeping it fresh.

    ReplyDelete