Wednesday, January 29, 2014

A Novel of Honey, Love, & Manners

The Wedding Bees by Sarah-Kate Lynch
Published
: January 28, 2014 by William Morrow & Company
First Published: April 1, 2013
Sugar Wallace is moving to New York City to start her life over. She knows no one in NYC, except of course her bees, but that doesn't stop her from quickly befriending everyone she meets. Sugar is the type that wants to fix everyone she meets (and is able to!), yet she doesn't realize that her own life also needs fixing.

There's a timeless feel to this whole story. And while you know it takes place today, it could just as easily take place 50 years ago. There's just such feeling of old time nostalgia throughout. The book also feels a magical, and while they are a few specific magical elements, even without them there's just an aura of magic.

The book might be a little predictable, but that's almost expected with a book like this. But even so, there were a few moments that were unexpected.

I think this story could had the potential to be too saccharine-y sweet and over the top, and while at times it got close, it still had a lot of depth. I loved all the characters from Sugar, to the mysterious Theo, to the sweet Ruby, to even the bees, and part of me wishes I could jump inside the book to spend time with them. The whole book reads like a cool drink on wraparound porch, and I feel almost lucky that I had the chance to be there.

4.5/5

Disclosure: I was provided this book through TLC Book Tours. All opinions expressed are my own.

4 comments:

  1. This sounds like a book that I would really enjoy. And sometimes I need an overly sweet story to offset the heavy things in life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to keep an eye out for this one. Sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a good read. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "reads like a cool drink on wraparound porch" This is so appealing considering all the snow outside of my house right now ...

    Thanks for being on the tour!

    ReplyDelete