Thursday, January 6, 2011

Under the Sea

Isn't it funny how you can live somewhere practically your whole life and yet never do some of the biggest tourist attractions close by? Case in point, Long Beach's Aquarium of the Pacific. It opened in 1998, which is 13 years ago and yet I had never set foot inside. I was past the field trip going age by 98 which is part of it. And while they did host a prom or two, mine was at the Gene Autry Western museum. But that streak broke, this past trip home.
Aquarium of the Pacific
I had fun taking pictures of all the different various animals. And since I probably couldn't even tell you the names of all the things I took pictures of, here are a few of my favorites sans comments.
Blue Whale & Baby
Baby Sharks
Jellyfish
Giant Clam
Nemos
Sea Dragon
Sea Turtle
Queen Mary
The last picture was actually taken as we were living the aquarium. It's the Queen Mary which is permanently harbored in Long Beach. It's the other big tourist act traction in our city, which I have actually been to.

Anyone else find that they've never done some of the big tourist action close to where you live?

2 comments:

  1. I've never been to the top of the Space Needle and I live in the Seattle area.
    Great aquarium. I'll keep it on my list for the next time we're in Long Beach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in Charleston and there are tons of historical places and attractions. I have done a few but I dont like to deal with massive crowds of tourists so there is a lot I have never done.

    ReplyDelete