Monday, January 24, 2011

Monday Movie Review

No Strings Attached
I have to say this movie genuinely surprised me. The reviews hadn't been that great, and the previews made it look like your everyday average chick flick. Except it wasn't really. You know the basic plot just by looking at the poster. Guy and girl try to have a no strings attached relationships, except someone starts to get feelings. And buy watch the previews you know the "twist" is going to be that the guy gets the feelings.

Except the previews almost purposely lead you on. There were scenes in the previews that weren't in the movie. Not only that the previews set up a plot line that wasn't in the actual movie. Some people might feel a little mislead by this, but I really liked it. So often I feel that the previews take away much of the movie surprise, but this time it wasn't the case.

But the best part of the movie has to be the actors. Natalie and Ashton had a great chemistry together, something I wasn't really expecting. But even by themselves they were great. I can't think of another romantic comedy Natalie Portman has done, but if this movie is any indication, I think she should do more.

This definitely has to make my list of top chick flicks, which was definitely pleasant surprise for me. And if you don't believe even the boy wound up a fan of it; it really was that enjoyable!

7 comments:

  1. I really want to see that as I LOVE both those actors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review! I was going to skip this one, but based on your recommendation I might go and see it. Now I just have to convince the husband ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought this looked cute and Natalie Portman is Dr. J's dream girl... Maybe I can twist his arm :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like both Natalie and Ashton but those commericals were driving me crazy. It looks cute. I might wait for the rental.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to see this, now even more that I've heard its good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have heard that this movie was a pleasant surprise. The fact that it's at the top of your chick flick means it must be good. I don't think my husband would ever come see it with me and I don't have too many gal pals with the move, but I will definitely rent this one day!

    ReplyDelete