Sunday, June 15, 2014

Mailbox Monday (80)

Sadly another weekend comes to its close. But at least a small highlight to that is sharing the books we've picked up recently with Mailbox Monday.
Mailbox Monday
From Goodreads
Flappers: Six Women of a Dangerous Generation by Judith Mackrell
This is a non-fiction book that highlights the life of Josephine Baker, Tallulah Bankhead, Diana Cooper, Nancy Cunard, Zelda Fitzgerald, and Tamara De Lempicka. While I have heard of a few of these women, most are new to me. I don't read a ton about the 1920s, but just from the description I can't wait to get into this one.

Redeeming the Dream: The Case for Marriage Equality by David Boies and Theodore B. Olson
I definitely pick up some interesting books from goodreads. Of course a lot of that is because I enter a ton of giveaways, but I think I'm also just really lucky. Although I really try to only enter books that I think I'd enjoy. And while this may not be the type of book I normally gravitate to, I can't help but be intrigued by the topic.

Being Audrey Hepburn by Mitchell Kriegman
This is a New Adult book (at least I think) written by the creator of Clarissa Explains it All (which I used to love). In this book a 19-year-old girl tries on Audrey Hepburn's dress from Breakfast in Tiffany's and is transported into a world of socialites. I think it looks pretty adorable, and I have high hopes for it.

For Review From the Author
Beautiful Addictions by Season Vining
The author of this is cousins with a friend of mine, which is how I picked this up. It is a New Adult book (I'm sure this time), and one I keep hearing good thing about. So hopefully I'll enjoy it as well.

Borrowed from a Friend
Unhinged by A.G. Howard
After reading Splintered a few months ago, this is our current book club book. I did enjoy the first one, although didn't love it. But I'm hoping that this one is even better.

What did you find in your mailbox this week?

12 comments:

  1. Being Audrey Hepburn looks fun! Hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't buy anything this week but I did pick up Eleanor and Park from the library and I am loving it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of any of these but man, those are some gorgeous covers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flappers sounds good to me...and I am curious about Beautiful Addictions.

    Enjoy! Here's MY WEEKLY SUNDAY/MONDAY UPDATES POST

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being Audrey Hepburn sounds so cute. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We need longer weekends. Enjoy the new books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some interesting books. I like the looks of Flappers.

    ENJOY your week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really looking forward to reading the Boies/Olson book. They've created some buzz in legal circles!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I looked for Being Audrey Hepburn but our local library doesn't have it. Boo. It sounds interesting.

    And thanks for reminding me about Unhinged. I read Splintered because you blogged about it and had Unhinged out of the library but couldn't finish it before we left for New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being Audrey Hepburn doesn't actually come out till September. So it isn't really a surprise they didn't have it. But I'm sure once it's officially released you should be able to find a copy!

      Delete