Friday, March 15, 2013

Safest Place to Hide

Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks
I honestly feel a little bad because I don't have a lot to say about this. First it's a Nicholas Sparks book, which I think says a lot to start with. And since the movie is currently in the theaters, if you're like me you've probably seen what seems like every other blogger read and review this book lately, so you probably won't find my review groundbreaking anyway.

Yes, I enjoyed it. But it's a Nicholas Sparks book, so it's hard not to enjoy. I do think seeing so many previews for the movie I knew exactly what to expect here. And while I haven't seen the movie, I do know just from the preview there were differences, but overall it looks like the same basic story.

There was a twist at the end, although it didn't have that big of an impact on the story, it is out of character for a Nicholas Sparks book. But I did kind of liked what it added to the story.

Would I say this is my favorite Nicholas Sparks book? Definitely not. In fact out of all of his I've read, I think this may be my least favorite. But I still did enjoy myself while reading it, and would recommend it as a good escape.

3.5/5

Today I'm linking up with Blonde Undercover Blonde for Book Club Friday!

5 comments:

  1. I like Nicholas Sparks' books better than the movie adaptations. Just call me a purist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all his books too, sometimes the movies ruin them. I'll still plan to read this one though, and sit thru the movie, if it comes on tv. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed this book also. I have not seen the movie yet but I kinda wonder if the out of the ordinary twist at the end is in the movie. It was out of character for him and I don't remember anything like it in other NS books that I have read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Nicholas Spark movie adaptations, but the actual Nicholas Spark books make me cringe. I can't stand them. Don't you feel like they were written for readers age 12?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I usually really like his books! I want to read this and I want to see the movie!

    ReplyDelete