Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Peanuts & Crackerjacks

A few weeks ago the boy and I went to our first LSU game of the season. It wasn't a great experience overall, after all the Tigers lost, when we tried to leave we couldn't because we were double parked, and travesty of travesties I only took two photos.
National Anthem
Luckily that wasn't the case this time.
IMG_1770
I may not have had peanut and crackerjacks but the boy and I did split a meat pie and jambalaya. Only in Louisiana, right?
Meat Pie
And since it was crazy hot, we did both have a snow cone, or snowball as the call it in Louisiana, later on.
Everbody (Backstreet's Back)
Even more fun, we got to see the grounds crew dance, which they've started going fairly regularly, but of course didn't during our disaster of game. And maybe you can tell, but the song they're dancing to is "Everybody" from the Backstreet Boys. Coincidentally, that was the day Nick Carter got married, and I'm sure that had to be their way of showing support for him... right?
Grounds Crew Doing BSB
But still, the best part of the game had to be that in the bottom of the ninth, tied, with 2 outs, LSU was able to win the game!
LSU Wins
Geaux Tigers!
IMG_1793
What was your experience like the last time you made it out to a baseball game?

5 comments:

  1. Mm, I could go for a snow cone right about now! I love those but haven't had one in the longest time! Sounds like you guys had a fun day!

    I have not been to a baseball game since the summer of 2012 and the only times I went was when I had to go for work for client events. I do like going to baseball games at the stadium in Minneapolis, but I don't like it enough to spend money on tickets so I pretty much only would go when work was footing the bill. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just went to a Red Sox game on Monday - the big Marathon Monday game - we lost, but it's Fenway and the Sox - only downside was it was still Passover and we couldn't eat anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exciting game! I haven't been to an LSU baseball game this whole season! Need to remedy that before there aren't any more left! Ack!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The last game I went to was in SF and it was freezing! I spent the entire game trying not to freeze to death.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't been to a ball game in so long. This reminds me that that it's something I'd like to do this summer.

    ReplyDelete