Monday, April 21, 2014

Monday Movie Review

The Grand Budapest Hotel
I wasn't sure what to expect with this one, but whatever it was, I found myself pleasantly surprised. It's kind of quirky in a way, and even slow at parts, but still, it definitely is quite an experience.

First there's the hotel itself which you see throughout different times, and in the poster above. It really is an amazing place, and I loved all the little details throughout the place.

The cast too is pretty amazing. It seems every time you blink you recognize someone knew. Although my favorite had to be Saoirse Ronan and her character.

And the story itself is told in a completely unique way. As the boy described it, it's a Russian nesting doll with a story in a story in a story and so on.

Is this a movie you need to run out and see? Maybe not, because it doesn't necessarily need the big movie theater experience. But even so, I'd definitely say it's worth worth catching eventually.

6 comments:

  1. Totally meaning to see it - hopefully I can squeeze it in during the next week or two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! I do intend to watch it but maybe when it becomes available for netflix or something!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this one. Is it on Netflix?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this movie last weekend. The beginning was a little slow, but totally picked up and I really liked it. The cast was incredible! I love every Wes Anderson movie so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wanting to see this one. Might wait til it's streaming though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I felt the same way about it. I was pleasantly surprised - but it did drag in the middle.

    ReplyDelete