Friday, June 10, 2016

Back to the Ward

The Isle by Jordana Frankel
Published
: January 19, 2016 by Katherine Tegen Books
I was so excited to finally be able to read the sequel to The Ward. Granted these books are written by my good friend, but even if that was the case it would still be true, especially knowing the cliffhanger the first ended with.

This book has a bit of a different feel than the first. First there's the obvious, since instead of just being told from Ren's point of view it alternates between Ren and Aven. But it's more than that. I think a lot of it is there's more action. Yes, the first had its racing scenes, but this time what's happening is far more life and death.

Going into the book I was a bit disappointed that part of it hard already been spoiled. Not by reading a spoiler, but from a conversation with my friend, the author. While she did assure me that what she told me happened early on, it was pretty devastating to know out of context. Thankfully she was right and it did happen quite soon and didn't detract from the story.

Once aspect I love about this book is the fountain of youth subplot. Although a lot of that steams from seeing Jordana watch Tuck Everlasting (the one with Alexis Bledel) over and over our freshmen year of college. I just think the book is so her, and absolutely loved reading it.

Clearly my opinion is biased, but justifiably so, I think. These books are pretty awesome and unlike a lot of other YA, so if you haven't found this duo-logy yet, now is the time!

5/5

Disclosure: While I did purchase my copy of this book, in case you couldn't tell, I'm good friends with the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment