Sunday, August 3, 2014

Mailbox Monday (86)

Yes, it's the end of the weekend, so yes, I'm linking up once again with Mailbox Monday to share the books I've recently added to my shelves.
Mailbox Monday
Won from Under My Apple Tree
The Fever By Megan Abbott
This one seems to be getting quite a bit of hype lately. But other than the fact everyone seems to love it, I don't really know too much about it. So we'll see how it goes.

Purchased
Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way by Susan McCutcheon
I try not to buy new books since I have so many sitting unread, but each time I get e-mailed a coupon I take it as a sign a trip to the bookstore is necessary. As for the book itself, right now I'm reading Ina May's Guide to Childbirth which I'm really enjoying. I'm almost finished with it, and I know that I'm going to wait to read more about birthing in the next few months. I've heard great things about the Bradley Method, and given that I haven't been able to find an local class on it, I though this was the next best alternative.

What did you find in your mailbox this week?

16 comments:

  1. I did not buy any books this week but I was able to download a copy of One + One which is the new Jojo Moyes book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the childbirth book is helpful! It's great that you are so prepared :) Congrats on winning The Fever. It is best to go into it blind - I'm interested to hear what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard a lot about The Fever...hope you enjoy your books, and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I received my copy of The Fever recently but have yet to get into ti. However I heard great things about it (and apparently, the less you know before reading it, the better!)
    Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy The Fever, seeing a lot about this book down here too. Hope you get lots of good tips from the childbirth book :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought The Fever was terrific and hope you do too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heard so many good things about The Fever. Hope you enjoy both your books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been hearing a lot about The Fever! Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Fever does sound intriguing. I see it's listed as YA so I might have to see if there are any reviews out there by adults to see what their views are too. I hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've seen a lot about The Fever, but I'm on the fence about reading it. Congratulations on your pregnancy. I read a ton of books too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your win and pregnancy. The Fever has gotten good reviews I hope you enjoy it

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really wanted to read the Bradley book and never got around to it. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a few others on my list to read too, and while I'm hopeful I'll get them read before the baby arrives I'm not quite sure if it's possible. At least considering all the other books I want to be reading. So we'll see...

      Delete
  13. The Fever is supposed to be quite good. Megan Abbott's books are always good.

    Have a great reading week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never read anything by her, but hopefully after this one I'll look into more of hers.

      Delete
  14. I've been curious about The Fever, so I'll keep an eye out for your review. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete