Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Out Like a Lamb?

While it isn't hasn't been warm enough for me to lay out in the backyard (travesty of travesties!), spring is slowly starting to show up in our backyard!
Our Backyard
While it may be hard to tell with all the dead-ness in the photo above, I promise you the small signs are there.
Fig Tree Buds
Our fig tree is starting to bud. Of course you can also see our dead and frozen aloe in the background that I'm hoping finds a way to make a miraculous comeback.
IMG_1670
Our peach tree is starting to flower.
IMG_1674
There's yellow flowers all over our trellis.
IMG_1662
And while I have no idea what these flowers may be, I just had to include them because they're so pink and pretty.

Have the signs of spring started to appear where you are? And has anyone actually made it to the point where it's warm enough to lay outside?

8 comments:

  1. My yard has found all the clover in the state. We've already had to mow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the last pink flower is a japanese magnolia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured someone had to know what it was. Thanks you!!! It's funny too in a way, because I never really noticed them before, but know that I posted the picture I seem to be seeing them in everyone's yard!

      Delete
  3. Some of the trees in Charlotte have started to bud and some even have flowers on them, but some are still dormant. We have had some nice days but our weather has been all over the place. It was 75 on Saturday and then the last 2 days it's been in the 30s and rainy. I am so over winter clothes, I really hope spring arrives for good soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this has definitely been the worst winter since I've been living in Louisiana. It still isn't really spring weather yet, and I'm completely over it. What a miserable year for you to be in the South, especially since a perk should have at least been the weather!

      Delete
  4. Send some of those signs this way!! It's still below freezing here - so over it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spring? What is this spring you speak of? It snowed here on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. While I love the spring, I hate the yard work that comes with it.

    ReplyDelete