Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Checking In

Today makes 3 and a half weeks that my mom's been in the hospital (all but one day in intensive care). In general, there's hasn't been a lot of change since I last wrote. She's still on oxygen, she's still on a ventilator, she's still heavily sedated. But we're still all hopeful that the doctors are able to come up with the right combination of drugs and medicine to get her lungs back to working. I did want to thank everyone for their kind words on my post last week. It has been kind of amazing to see people reach out on here, on facebook, in real life, and connecting with people I haven't talked to a lot recently. So I just wanted to say thank you to everyone and share a few high notes from the past few weeks.

Last week the boy called me on his way home from work asking if I wanted him to pick up anything for dinner. I told him that I wasn't really that hungry, but the one thing that sounded good was lasagna, except you couldn't really pick that up on the drive home. Not long after the boy called back to say he was stuck in traffic and would be late, except showed up at the house with a carryout box of lasagna and a bottle of wine.
DSC05992
I was also surprise by the flowers above sent to me at work by the boy's family. A few of my co-workers commented that they only wished they got along with their in-laws enough for flowers.
Caramel Apples!
On another sweet note, my BBF/MOH/sistah and her boyfriend sent me the caramel apples above. Included was pecan caramel,
Pecan Caramel Apple
chocolate caramel,
Chocolate Caramel Apple
peanut caramel,
Peanut Caramel Apple
and surprisingly what wound up being my favorite, cinnamon sugar caramel. (I was expecting it to be the chocolate caramel, but I think the difference in flavors from the cinnamon sugar did me in.)
Bite Taken
So again, thank you to all! But as much as I've appreciate all of this, I only wish I was in a situation where it really wasn't needed. Still all I can really do is what and hope something good happens. And when it does I will be sure to let everyone know. But until then we're all just hoping & praying for the best.

6 comments:

  1. I have been thinking about you lots.

    I'm so glad to see you're surrounded by so many loving and supportive people during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking about you lots and remembering your mom in my daily prayers... I hope they get to the bottom of this soon.

    I am so glad that you are surrounded by so many loving and supportive people who are doing what they can to help you through this. The lasagna thing is so sweet. I think I would have cried.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wondering how things have been going. I'm hoping to hear good news about your mom! Still wishing you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice of him! Seriously, that is so sweet and thoughtful that he is trying to make you feel better.

    I'm so happy you have such wonderful, supportive people/family in your life.

    I'm thinking of you and your family and you're in my thoughts and prayers always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! I missed your post last week. I am so sorry! I will definitely keep your family in my prayers.

    What an awesome guy you have!! I love sweet, thoughtful surprises like that! He's a keeper for sure! And gifts from the in-laws too!? You're a lucky girl!

    And now I am craving a Rocky Mnt. Chocolate Factory apple. I may have to make a pit stop on the way home tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayers for you and your mom and the rest of your family.

    ReplyDelete