Thursday, September 24, 2009

My Frog Prince

Last night as I was getting ready to go to sleep I noticed something small and dark on the carpet. I looked closer and realize I was staring at a tiny little frog. Now if I had been outside I would have looked at it and said, "Aww how cute! It's a little baby frog." But I was not outside I was in my apartment. Which mean there was a frog in my apartment!

Let's just say a freaked out quite a bit. There was a little yelling involved. I made the boy get off the couch to safe me. Of course the frog didn't want to be caught and hopped into the corner behind furniture.

"That's it," he said, "I can't reach him there."

"But what if the frog is pregnant and has babies and we wind up having and apartment full of frogs!"

"It's a baby. It's not going to have any babies of its own." But I insisted and he moved the furniture out of the way, and was able to corner the frog. He caught the frog in his hands, and I ran to the open the back door where he threw it outside. And our apartment was frog-less once again.

On a slightly similar note. I can't wait to see Disney's The Frog Prince this winter. Not only is it the first Disney princess movie in forever, it also takes place in New Orleans. I'm really really hoping they do a good job, and don't disappoint.

~Shoshanah

7 comments:

  1. How random! How did a frog get into your apartment?! Do you live near a creek or something? Then again... you are in Louisiana. I'm no expert, but I'm sure it's a lot wetter there... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ew, I always have frogs on my front porch. When they get in my house, my kitten chases them and kills them. So nasty!

    I'm having a giveaway on my blog, you should check it out: http://www.hersouthernheart.com/2009/09/100-followers-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah that would have scared me to death. I'm glad he caught it for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would've freaked out too. I'm glad your BF was able to catch it and throw it out. YUCK... I have the chills thinking about it. I can't imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so ready to see the movie! Of course, I adore all things Disney but as a LA born and bred person, this excites me. I almost have Trevor convinced to take me to New Orleans for the weekend of the premeire. Not likely to happen, but a nice thought. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha, that's so random and funny! I would FREAK out if there was a frog in my apartment. The worst I've ever found was a centipede and that was bad enough!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO CUTE! I love frogs :D It's the Louisiana version of having a mouse in the apartment ;)

    ReplyDelete