Thursday, September 24, 2009

Caribbean Carnival

Kashi Caribbean Carnival Pizza
Kashi's Caribbean Carnival Pizza
I want to know who the person at Kashi was who thought to themselves, "You know what would make a great pizza? Mangoes, plantains and kale on top of mozzarella!" Yeah, not the most normal of combinations. But surprisingly good!

I think my favorite part of the pizza was the plantains. Which could be seen as a little surprising since I'm not a big banana fan. The mangoes were a close second though. Its funny because you wouldn't necessary think fruit would work on the pizza, but it was by far my favorite part. Although, come to think of it, I'm a fan of pineapple on my pizza. So I guess adding fruit isn't the oddest of idea.

Instead of having a tomato sauce the pizza had a "sweet and spicy guava-infused jerk seasoned sauce." Sounds amazing right? Except I couldn't really taste the sauce. Actually, the parts of the pizza that didn't have the fruit on it tasted like a normal cheese pizza.

I would say this isn't necessarily a pizza I'd want to eat all the time. But every once it a while, it would be a fun change of pace.

~Shoshanah

6 comments:

  1. I picked this up at the grocery store the other day but put it back down at the last minute! It does look yummy! I love pineapple on pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been really happy with all of the Kashi pizzas! I also don't feel so bad eating them since they pack them full of good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep hearing about this pizza, so I feel like I need to try it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also heard about this pizza, I think it looks mightily delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting, I probably would've never bought this pizza but maybe I'll give it a try.

    ReplyDelete