Thursday, March 17, 2011

What Big Eyes You Have

Red Riding Hood
Would you be surprised is I told you this movie felt like a bad Twilight? It's the same director, so probably not. But even more than there's a werewolf and of course a similar love triangle. There is an attempt at a twist at the end, and while I wouldn't have necessarily guessed it prior to the movie it did make the perfect cliched ending.

About halfway through I felt like the movie got better, but when I told the boy this his response was the difference was there for more action in the second half and less story. I guess that says something when a movie only gets better because of a lack dialogue.

The "big" red riding hood scene is there, but I think could have been done better. It was almost as if they said, "We need this in the movie!" but didn't stop to think whether it made sense. And speaking of scenes not making sense, the big party scene in the middle of the movie again I could have done without.

I really wanted to enjoy this movie, but overall was disappointed. I can't imagine ever sitting down to re-watch this, and only wish it had been better executed because it did have a lot of potential.

3 comments:

  1. Bummer, especially since it just looks so so beautiful! The red cape, the stark background - the art direction on this looks amazing.But everyone's saying the same thing: It just didn't make sense!

    I want to go see Beastly. The movie posters look amazing, IMHO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a little surprised Amanda Seyfried chose a role like this... I don't think this movie looks good at all!
    I agree with Jordana though, Beastly looks really good and I want to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reading your review, I'm glad I didn't spend money on watching this over the weekend!

    ReplyDelete