Sunday, March 6, 2011

In My Mailbox (6)

I took a week off last week for the Oscars, but this week I'm back with The Story Siren's In My Mailbox. This week was another good week for books. I wasn't expecting to have the books but sometime life works in funny ways.

First a friend lent me a copy of Jennifer Weiner's The Guy Not Taken. I do enjoy Jennifer Weiner's books, but the fact that it's a collection of short stories had keep me from picking it up previously.

Then I went with a friend to Goodwill. I know a lot of people are a big fan, but I'm not a big fan of shopping in general, so I can't say I've spent a lot of time here. But once inside I had to check out the books. Five books for $0.99? Sounds like a good deal to me! I probably wouldn't have picked up some of these otherwise, but I needed to fill out my books, otherwise each would have been $0.39, still a good deal though especially when you see that one of the book's bargain price was almost 5 times the cost for all 5.
In My Mailbox
From a friend:
Jennifer Weiner - The Guy Not Taken

From Goodwill
Wendy Markham - Bride Needs Groom
Ann Rinaldi - Finishing Becca
Karen Quinn - The Ivy Chronicles
Cecily von Ziegesar - Gossip Girl
Karen McCullah Lutz - The Bachelorette Party

Are you a big Goodwill shopper? And what's in your mailbox this week?

13 comments:

  1. I haven't shopped for books at the Goodwill, but maybe I should start! I'm a big fan of Half Price Books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a new follower also! Great IMM! Haven't read any of them but I have a few!
    Check out my blog and follow along as well!
    Thanks.
    Blake (The Book Bell)
    http://thebookbell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, Yaay for Goodwill! I always check it out to see if I can find discount books. Happy reading!

    Here is my IMM if you're interested!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun reads this week! I have read the first Gossip Girl and found it SO different from the show, haha! I hope you enjoy it :)

    Check out my Birthday Edition of In My Mailbox!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab reads! I loved Finishing Becca. I've read it several times.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - 5 books for $.99? What a steal! I have never shopped at a goodwill place but maybe I should start!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd forgotten that Goodwill Stores have a book section. I guess I'm so used to shopping for used books at Half-Price Books and half.com. :) I'll have to look into that, especially if mine has titles like those in your mailbox. Happy reading!

    DJL

    ReplyDelete
  8. yay! great deals hon!!! can't wait to hear what you think! THank you for sharing and for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its been awhile since I bought any books from Goodwill but I do know when I go in I head straight for the books.

    I'm a new follower and thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really need to take a trip to goodwill I keep forgetting they have a book section...I usually buy my books from amazon/B&n and a cool little used book shop...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have so much love in my heart for Goodwill. I get such great dishware!

    ReplyDelete