Tuesday, March 22, 2011

In My Heart

Back before I had my ring re-sized (which means last December) I wrapped a little piece of paper around to so it would stay on my finger. Here's a bit of a flashback picture so you know what I'm talking about.
The Ring
Since it was just paper I made an effort not to get it wet that way I wouldn't have to replace it. Which meant any time I washed my face, brushed my teeth, took a shower it was off. Since the majority of those events take place before and after bed it made sense to take it off as I was getting ready, and put it back on the following morning.

My ring has since been re-sized, but the routine stuck and I still take my ring overnight. Of course I'm paranoid that I'm going to lose it, since it's really the first piece of jewelry to wear regularly and the most expensive piece I own at that, so I make sure to put it in the same place everytime, inside my heart.
DSC05505
I've actually had this little box for a few years. It was a Hannukah present from a few years back from my BFF. I hadn't ever really used it, but last fall my mom sent it to me along with a bunch of other items she'd been trying to clean out of my room. It wound up being sent to me at the exact right time, and my ring had a bed for the night. But I can't let this post end without one more picture of the ring!
DSC05506
So tell me, do you ever take your ring off? If so, where do you put it when you do?

8 comments:

  1. I used to take my ring off every night, every time I showered, worked out, you get the idea. When we were married, Ryan gave me a jewelry box and I used to keep it in that.

    Now that I'm no longer married, I guess I don't have to worry about it anymore;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be paranoid that I would misplace a ring, too! Love that ring box! The only jewelry I consistently wear is a watch and I take it off each night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually don't take my ring off unless for some reason my joints are swollen or it's really hot. I figure the less it comes off the less chance of misplacing it. For awhile I just wore my band but so many people made comments about how we're just married and they never saw the ring and blah blah blah, so I started wearing it again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only take my ring off when I shower or am doing some heavy duty cleaning. Hubby never takes his ring off so it looks like it's been through battle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My ring is currently off being resized, but I've always worn other rings and I've ALWAYS taken them off at night and when I run or workout. My hands tend to swell over night and when I'm working out and then my rings feel uncomfortable.

    I never sleep in ANY jewelry though, except for *sometimes* earrings (if they are studs) but normally I take off all jewelry before bed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dont wear my ring to work because I wear gloves at work and am constantly washing my hands. I only wear my band. I have never worn it in the shower and I always take it off to apply lotion. I used to work at a jewelry store so I am picky about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the comment on my blog!

    My ring is a little unusual because it has a pearl as the main stone. As such, I have to be really careful with it since pearls wear down eventually (I'll probably have to get it replaced several times in my lifetime). I take it off when I shower, go to bed, cooking, doing dishes, and often when I'm washing my hands. At night I keep it in the box FI proposed with, and at all other times I just lay it down, though I think I need to get a box/dish in the kitchen just in case!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, I don't know how I missed these pictures...but BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete