Thursday, December 3, 2009

Indian Mattar Paneer

Amy's Indian Mattar Paneer
Amy's Indian Mattar Paneer
It's been a while since I've posted a Frozen Thursday, which is a little assuming because they would have been a perfect way to ensure NaBloPoMo hasn't been completed. I think part of the reason its been a while, is because I feel like its getting hard to find yummy looking frozen foods that I haven't reviewed yet and want to eat. I actually had to double check my archives to make sure I hadn't posted this meal already.

Honestly, though I don't have a lot to say about this one. Or at least I don't have anything negative to save. The rice was a perfect texture. The chana masala (aka the garbanzo beans) were really good, and had the perfect about of spice. But by far the best part of the dish for me was the actual mattar paneer (aka peas and cheese). And I do promise there is fairly large blocks of paneer cheese hidden by the peas. Actually if you look closely you can see a corner of a block.

So yes, I would easily eat this again. And if you're wondering how I think this compares to the Shuki's frozen meals I've tired, who actually specializes in Indian meals, overall I actually like Amy's meal better. Mainly because Amy's gives you an actual meal with different sides to eat, while Shuki's really just gives you a main dish.

And since I feel like I'm starting to run low on good Frozen Thursday options, let me know if you have a favorite frozen meal you really think I should try!

~Shoshanah

4 comments:

  1. I had a frozen meal for the first time in a long time the other day and totally thought of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer Amys to the other Indian frozen brands because Amy's is more about spice and less sodium. I think it tastes better and when I do have to get a Tandoori or another brand I'm overwhelmed by saltiness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just had one of the other Amy's Indian meals today. They are so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i had an amys meal yesterday :) veggie tamale. but now im in the mood for a REAL tamale from a restaurant. i love the indian meals she has!

    ReplyDelete