Friday, September 19, 2014

From NYC to Paris to Barcelona

Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
Published
: August 14, 2014 by Dutton
The last time I saw my mom alive I was reading Perkins' Lola and the Book Next Door. And yet, when I look back on that book the only thing I think about is how much I loved it, not the sad memories I could have associated with it. If that doesn't say something about how uplifting Stephanie Perkins' books can be, I don't know what does.

It has been three years since I read Anna and the French Kiss, so I can't say I really remember the part that Isla and Josh played it that book. But it doesn't really matter, since I was sure I was going to love this and feel completely transported which was definitely the case.

One thing I love about Stephnie Perkins' books is how perfectly they bring you back to high school. All the time Isla spends crushing over Josh and obsessing every interaction with him is exactly what I remember doing myself. While things never quite worked out for me the way they did for her, it would have been pretty awesome if they did.

As you would expect Anna, Etienne, Lola, and Cricket all make their cameo. It is a smaller cameo than the one in Lola, but it is pretty perfectly executed.

It's hard for me to go back and say which of these three books is my favorite since it's been so long since I read the other two. All three definitely deserve a reread, but till then I may have to list Isla as much favorite, followed by Anna, and then Lola. So yes, in case you're unsure this was definitely worth the wait.

5/5

Today I'm linking up with Blonde Undercover Blonde for Book Club Friday!

5 comments:

  1. I finished Isla last night. I think it was my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely want to check this out as I really enjoyed Anna and the French Kiss. Stephanie Perkins is speaking at a book fair in October so Iowa Amber is coming up for it and we are going to the event!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh my best friend insisted I read this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read Lola a few years ago and loved it, but I haven't read the others yet. I really want to, it's just a matter of finding time, I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to check this series out. A little light reading is definitely what I need these days!

    ReplyDelete