Friday, September 12, 2014

Running Off to the Circus

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
Published
: July 3, 2012 by Anchor
First Published September 13, 2011
I've been wanting to read this book ever since I first read about it on Jessica Lawlor's blog. Funny enough that post wasn't even a review, but instead a commentary on the marketing pitch she received. Looking back now on her post I think pitch was perfect in setting the tone for the story, and definitely see how every aspect around this book had a touch of magic.

But even though I knew I wanted to read this, I wasn't quite sure what it was about. I guessed it was about two kids who ran off to the circus, and while one small plot line is similar in its story, that really isn't the point here. The summary mentions a love story, and while again it is somewhat there, halfway through the book I told my brother that I hadn't really found a love story.

This book does start off slow and it takes a while to figure out where things are going. Honestly even at its close it's hard to look back and reflect on what really happened. There's just such a magical world within these pages that you're transported to be part of. Even now looking back on it, I can taste the caramel popcorn and feel like I'm walking among the tents.

I feel almost conflicted about how much I want to write here, since reading this was such a special, magical experience and I want everyone else to have that same feeling. There are talks about a movie and while I can't wait to see everything come to life, I'm not quite sure it will live up to my imagination.

5/5

Today I'm linking up with Blonde Undercover Blonde for Book Club Friday!

7 comments:

  1. YES!! I freaking loved this book! Such a unique read and the imagery was bananas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book was AMAZING!!! I hear rumors of a movie - part of me actually wants it to only live in my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this book! The descriptions were fantastic. It was like I could smell and taste the circus while I was reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's funny- I still haven't read this book! Glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Between your review, and all the commenters who love this book, this is definitely going on my reading list.

    ReplyDelete