Friday, October 15, 2010

Show Us Your... Office Library

This week's edition of Kelly's Korner's Show us You House, we're showing off our offices. While we don't really have a home office we do have our library. I originally posted this entry on April 20, 2010 but since the room hasn't really changed I'm sharing it again. If you've seen in before I hope you love it enough to read it again. And if you're new here since then I hope you enjoy!
~Shoshanah


Professor Plum in the Library with the Rope
You can officially say that about our house now. Not that there's some type of murder mystery here. Nor because we know a Professor Plum, (but the boy is working on his Phd, so I guess you could call him a professor). But we do have rope, and we now officially have a library.
In the Office/Library
This is the view when you first enter the room. The wall unit was in my bedroom growing up. When my parents drove out here a few weeks ago, the wall unit was on piece of furniture that came with them. And what's that you see in the upper left corner?
American Girl Collection
Why yes, that is my American Girl collection from yester-year. There's a few items that haven't made their way from California, but these are all of my actual dolls.

Moving clockwise throughout the room, here's the end of the wall unit.
Corner of the Room
There's an almost empty bulletin board, and underneath are a few children's book and stuffed animals to hopefully distract the boy's niece from the AG dolls high above.

To the left is a window, closest, and another bookshelf.
Window & Closet
We're thinking that at some point we might want to add a desk in front of the window. Are you curious about the blue square in the bottom right? It's actually a chair that folds out into a single bed.
The Door In
Which brings us back to the door into the room.

Even though there are a ton of shelves in here, its crazy how easily we filled them. I tried to leave a little bit of room to add books, but it's a good thing that's a few places with doors, because you have no idea how many books are hiding in there!
Chair and Bookshelves
I did try to keep a least keep the books somewhat organized. The books on the left are the boy's fantasy books, and the right are my chick lit type books. You can practically tell just by the colors of the sections. The bottom shelves are mainly textbooks, and the boy really wants to turn the empty wall into a chalkboard that he can use to do math problems.

Overall, it's not perfect, nor is it completely finished, but I really like the way it turned out. It's nice to finally have a place to put all of our books, and I can officially say that I live in a house with a library. (Yes, you could call it an office, but I'd much prefer library!)

Anyone else have a library in your house? Or how do you store the books that you own?

~Shoshanah

9 comments:

  1. I had to leave alot of my books when we moved. My parents are currently storing them in their house. I miss having my books an arms reach away!

    Hopefully one day I can build myself a real library in my one-day office. Until then, I'll just keep working on the dining table and ordering books I need for whatever reason on my kindle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! You have American Girl dolls? I'm jealous you have more than one! I only have Samantha. I loved those dolls growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I love that big bookcase!! Floor to ceiling book cases is something I want to have in my office/library one day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am envious of all of that shelving!

    I live in a 1 bdrm condo so do not have a library... Some day, though. So my books are all on shelves in the living room and bedroom. I have reached a point where my shelves are full and there is not room for another bookshelf.... so I really am trying not to buy more books... But that is tough to do. i have really cut down this year, though!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many books - I am the same way - but they are all in NY at my house and not up here with me yet! I love that you call it a library - so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that is very cool. Both my husband and I read, but we don't keep books once we have read them. Is that weird? And now, he has an iPad, so his bookshelf is virtual. :D

    I LOVE the American Girl dolls! I always wanted one when I was a child. Thank you for stopping by and commenting at Yoga Gal today! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the shelves, i missed my books cold and lonely down the storage room.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the books!! And a chalkboard wall to do math problems sounds divine! :)

    ReplyDelete