Wednesday, October 13, 2010

In The Garden

As promised here's the pictures from the gardens at Houmas House. Ok... I might have left in a picture or two of the house, but can you really blame me?
Fountain behind Houmas House
Statue in the Water
DSC04935
Pineapples
On the Bridge
Houmas House
Fountain
Scarecrow Painting
Water into Sugar Drums
Maybe you noticed the scarecrow hiding in the pictures? It just so happens the weekend we were at the house they were having a scarecrow decorating contest. Since it wouldn't be fair to only show you one, here's a few of my other favorite entries.
Girl Scout Scarecrow
Scarecrow in Front of the House
Who Dat Scarecrow
Looking through these pictures it feels a little like I was in someone's secret garden. Also did I mention that they're going to be filming Breaking Dawn here in the months to come? Not only that, but they actually host weddings here. Sounds like the perfect place for me to fall in love and marry R-Patz right?

~Shoshanah

3 comments:

  1. The grounds look just as great as the house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shoshanah,
    Thanks for posting these great pics of Houmas House! It looks like you really enjoyed your visit. I hope you were abble to stay for lunch. You took a great shot of Houmas House that we'd like to use in one of our upcoming e-newsletters. Would that be ok with you?
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up with everything we have going on.
    www.facebook.com/houmashouseplantation
    www.twitter.com/HoumasHouse

    -Your Friends at Houmas House

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jesse We were actually there for brunch as well! I believe I posted a picture or two from that as well. It was delicious.

    And you're more than welcome to use the image with my creative commons attribution license!

    ReplyDelete