Monday, October 18, 2010

Seeing Red

Red
In Red Bruce Willis is a retired CIA agent trying to live a quiet life at least. That all changes when someone attempts to assassinate him, and he gets back into the game. While trying to discover who and what is after him he tracks down his old cronies played by Helen Miren, Morgan Freeman, and John Malkovich.

In a way I was surprised by the movie. Sure I was expecting gun fights, action scenes, and a good heist, but on top of that all it was a lot of fun. I think part of it was seeing such big name actors in this type of film. You could tell they were all having playing playing at little against character, besides Bruce Willis whose norm is action film, but I do think the fun rubbed off on the audience.

You could tell out theater had fun, there were even a few claps as the credits started rolling. Overall it's a film that couldn't have been pretty boring and unoriginal, but something about instead made it a great, is somewhat unexpected, experience.

~Shoshanah

2 comments:

  1. I love Bruce Willis! So much so I'm slightly obsessed with him! I need to go see this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morgan Freeman is my favorite actor! Maybe I need to see this!

    ReplyDelete