Thursday, October 14, 2010

Have a Faerie Nice Day

Dead and Gone by Charlaine Harris
I saw a bumper sticker the other day with this entry's title and thought it was the perfect fit for the book since the faeries are front and center. Although nice and faerie don't quite fit together in the book.

The book starts off with something they've been alluding to and preparing us for several books. It's something big with the shifters, and yet so much happens by the end of the book it almost feels like the big revelation happens in a book before this one.

I will say this one is probably one of the goriest books in the series so far. And all those times you read thinking, "How could nothing bad happen to the main characters?" well this time it happens. I was a little taken aback at how gruesome parts at the end were and even had to a take a break reading at times. I was was really sad when one of my favorites didn't seem to make it.

Even though it was a bit uglier that other books in the series I was still a fan. But I have to same it's a little sad knowing I only have one book left before I'm completely caught up, and who knows how long I'll have to wait to read the next Sookie Stackhouse after this?

~Shoshanah

2 comments:

  1. I've been waiting for the next book. I still don't think they've set a date yet on a release.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished the last one too and now I'm like, now what?? I checked out the authors website and the next one comes out May 2011. My original idea was for my hubby to dress up as Sookie and Eric for Halloween but our plans fell through!!!

    ReplyDelete