Monday, March 9, 2015

February in Review

I'm a few days late getting this post up, but better late then never, right? Life has definitely been crazy since I've gone back to work. There's even been several nights where I've passed out on the couch before 9, but at least I'm able to function during the day, so I guess that's saying something!

In February...
Gnocchi with  Sage Brown Butter Sauce
...We had a ton of delicious food! The boy cooked a ton making Mushroom Asiago Chicken, Beef Stew, Spaghetti, and few other things, but out of them all, my favorite was his homemade Gnocchi with Sage Brown Butter Sauce.
Fig & Brie Flatbread
...Of the non-homemade variety, we went out to Kona Grill for book club where I had this Fig & Brie Flatbread. (It really is awesome being able to eat brie again after avoiding it for nine months while pregnant.)
First day back at work, and I'm treating myself by trying the new @panerabread broth bowl.
...I also went back to work and took advantage of the fact I could have a leisurely lunch by myself at Panera.

...I posted reviews of 4 books and 1 movie.
Matched by Ally Condie
The Temptation of the Night Jasmine by Lauren Willig
Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally
The First Six Months by Penelope Leach
Backstreet Boys: Show 'Em What You're Made Of
Likely not too much of a surprise, but I'd have to list my favorite of them all as the Backstreet Boys movie. Although out of just the books it would be The Temptation of the Night Jasmine.

...5 years ago, in 2010, I posted about buying my first smart phone. Crazy to think we were able to survive so long without them, and how much we rely on them now.
My New Motorola Droid
What were some of your highlights from this past February?

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness that food looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely Mexico was my highlight. As well as all the reading I got done while I was there. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! That gnocchi sounds amazing! I'd be all about the brown butter sauce. :) You are lucky that the boy is such an awesome cook!

    Some highlights from February were celebrating my birthday with Phil and friends, our trip to Santa Barbara, and the relief of my dad's ankle surgery going really smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The food looks amazing! Your husband seems like an amazing cook.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, that food all looks so good. My husband is also an amazing cook!

    I have to go back to work next month and am not looking forward to how crazy things will be. They are already crazy now without having to work!

    ReplyDelete