Friday, February 13, 2015

Sweet Jasmine

The Temptation of the Night Jasmine by Lauren Willig
Published
: January 22, 2009 by Dutton Adult
Series: Pink Carnation #5
This one felt a bit different than the other Pink Carnation books. Yes, there was still the mystery you expect in these books, and the predictable romantic plot line, but even so, it just read a little different.

For one reason, this was the first where the Pink Carnation didn't appear. There were still familiar characters, namely Miles and Henrietta from The Masque of the Black Tulip, but even so it felt like the Pink Carnation's presence was definitely missed.

I also wasn't a huge fan of the modern day story line this time. Normally I like the historical parts more, but still enjoy the modern day bits. This time though, the modern day bits just felt a little too ridiculous and over the top for me.

I did enjoy getting to see the royals, George III and his family. This is the first time I've read a book where they've really been a major player and I'm intrigued by them. Their definitely a family I want to read more of.

I don't think this was my favorite of the series, but I can't help but enjoy myself with it. I am excited for the next one though, which looks to take place in India. Hopefully the next installment will bring the series back to more familiar ground!

4.5/5

Today I'm linking up with Blonde Undercover Blonde for Book Club Friday!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't gotten to this one yet. I'm still working on number 4, which I can't remember the title of right now :) Sadly, I didn't bring it to Mexico with me so I'll have to get back to it in a few weeks. I'm really enjoying this series though so I'm really glad you introduced it to me.

    ReplyDelete