Monday, October 7, 2013

Butterscotch-y Fun

One aspect I love about football season is that it gives me an excuse to bake desserts each weekend. Since we're normally watching the game with several friends I'm able to make a dessert, have a taste (or two!), and let others finish it off. Instead I'd normally have to make a dessert and eat it all myself since the boy doesn't really do desserts. Which I guess isn't too bad of an alternative, but maybe not the best for my waistline. Last year, again for an LSU game, I made one of Mix and Match Mama's Bundt Cakes, and last week I finally made my second version.

Butterscotch Bundt Cake
via Mix and Match Mama
Slice of Cake
Ingredients
Butterscotch Bundt Cake Ingredients
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 1/4 cups water
4 eggs
1 box of yellow cake mix
1 small instant vanilla pudding
1 small instant butterscotch pudding
1/2 cup butterscotch chips
A dusting of powdered sugar

Directions
IMG_0841
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix together the oil, water, and eggs.
IMG_0844
2. Add in the cake mix and puddings and mix until combined.
Mixing
3. Add in the butterscotch chips until mixed throughout.
(This is only going to use a small portion of your bag. But it does mean you'll be left with a bag full of butterscotch to snack on once the cake is gone!)
IMG_0846
4. Add to a prepped bundt cake pan and cook for 40-45 minutes.
IMG_0848
5. Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 5 minutes.
(I always think it so awesome the way bundt cake rise out of the pan when cooking. But within a few minutes settle down enough so you can flip them over.)
IMG_0851
6. Invert onto your serving platter and let cake continue to cool. (And of course drool over all the butterscotch chip polka dots.)
Butterscotch Bundt Cake
7. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.

This had the potential to be the perfect cake. Except for the fact I made it for the LSU/Georgia game which we wound up loosing, so now it's a little tainted by association. Part of me would love to try it again, except now I'm afraid we'll loose any game that I serve this at. Such a double edged sword!

Do you believe that food can become cursed by association?

Butterscotch Bundt Cake
Ingredients
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 1/4 cups water
4 eggs
1 box of yellow cake mix
1 small instant vanilla pudding
1 small instant butterscotch pudding
1/2 cup butterscotch chips
A dusting of Powdered Sugar
Directions
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix together the oil, water, and eggs.
2. Add in the cake mix and puddings and mix until combined.
3. Add in the butterscotch chips until mixed throughout.
4. Add to a prepped bundt cake pan and cook for 40-45 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 5 minutes.
6. Invert onto your serving platter and let cake continue to cool.
7. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.

4 comments:

  1. I really need to use my bundt cake pan- it just kind of gets in the way and my husband has no idea why we even have it! But mmmm pound cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I guess pumpkin bread, but what is really coincidental is that I looked at this recipe (or a similar one) over the weekend because I was itching to bake! I didn't have any butterscotch pudding though, so I didn't try my hand at it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all things butterscotch flavored! I'm going to have to try and make this! It looks like yours turned out great!

    ReplyDelete