Monday, April 19, 2010

Time to Kick Ass

Kick-Ass
When I first starting seeing previews for the movie I thought it was a kid's movie. After all their were kids in it, and with the bright colors it made sense. But luckily, I learned a little bit more about the movie before I saw it, otherwise I would have been in for a harsh surprise.

This movie answers the question of "What if one day you just decided to become a superhero?" Say you're an average teen, but you decide to don a costume and fight crime. Sure it sound good in theory, but think about what would happen the the real world if you tried this. All those awful things you imagine do actually happen in the movie. I was cringing practically the entire time during the movie, almost hiding behind my hands. The isn't just a case of action movie violence, instead it feels like real life violence with real people (kids even!) involved.

Even though parts of the movie were a bit unsettling, I still really enjoyed it. But the high point for me was Chloe Moretz as hit-girl (who was also in The Diary of a Wimpy Kid recently). As much as I enjoyed her in the movie, I'm also a little sad that they had to put an actress that young through everything in this movie. But after her performance I do see big things coming for her. She could easily be the next Dakota Fanning or Abigail Breslin.

This was definitely the Kick Ass Start of the summer I've been waiting for. It's only April, but after this I feel like I can officially say summer movie season has begun!

~Shoshanah

2 comments:

  1. I'd have to agree, summer has started ;) Woohoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love summer movie season. Thanks for the movie review!

    ReplyDelete