Thursday, November 21, 2013

You Find the Truth in a Child's Eyes

For any long time visitors of the blog you probably know exactly what's coming. Especially when I tell you the Backstreets Boys released their newest music video for their newest single, "Show 'Em What You're Made Of." So of course, I'm sharing it here today, so you all have the privilege of watching.

For the teeny still inside you, the video does feature Brian and AJ without their shirts. Considering they're in their 30s and 40s they all look pretty awesome. I even happen to think Nick looks better right now than ever.
But on a more serious side, the song is about the message they want to send to their children. (Since yes, all except Nick are now fathers!) There's several inspirational lines, include my favorite:
"You gotta stand for something
Even if you stand alone,
Don't be afraid
It's gonna be alright"
While I don't have children yet, I still can imagine a lot of these ideas are things I want to pass on to them. The idea that the sky is the limit, that they need to go out and show the world what they're made of.

What are some values that you want to pass on to your children?

1 comment:

  1. If I have kids, I hope that I pass on many of the values my parents pass onto me - like valuing family and friends, being compassionate towards others, staying true to yourself, and having a strong sense of faith.

    ReplyDelete