Friday, May 24, 2013

Without the Pants

Sisterhood Everlasting by Ann Brashers
I knew going into this book it was going to be sad, but what I didn't expect was the roller coaster of emotions I'd was going to be taking.

I had expected an almost awful tearjerker ending. But instead the game changing chapter is what sets the story up. From there I couldn't stop reading, because I had to know what would happen. I kept telling myself, "The point of this all has to be coming!" because I couldn't imagine all the tears and crying I did were for nothing.

I has been a while since I read the original series. (Although not that long, since I didn't read them to grad school.) But even though I wished they were fresher in my mind, I didn't feel like I was missing out. I think if you hadn't read the books (and maybe just saw the movie), you could understand all the plot lines. Although I'm not sure the feelings you have while reading this book would be worth it without the first four as a fond memory.

Looking back, I can now say I enjoyed this book. Although in the midst of it all, I couldn't imagine any review of mine saying it was anything, but depressing. It was good in a way to reconnect with these characters (although now reading it pictured all the actresses from the movie). I will definitely say, Ann Brashers know just how to drag all the emotion out of you.

4/5

Today I'm linking up with Blonde Undercover Blonde for Book Club Friday!

2 comments:

  1. I've only read the first book. I really need to finish that series. This one sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this book last year and LOVED it. It was very sad and I cried a lot but I loved how Brasheres could really draw out so many emotions in a reader. I am so sad the series is over as I loved these books! It had been probably 5-10 years since I read the other books, but I thought she did a good job of reminding the reader of the story lines.

    ReplyDelete