Wednesday, May 15, 2013

May Blog Love

As I've started to look into sponsorships I've been exploring some of the perks to offer that made sense to me. I know people offer guests pots, but in general I'm not a huge fan of them. Don't get me wrong I enjoy reading them, but I can't remember ever reading a guest post and thinking, "Wow, after reading that single post I'm going to start following everything they post!" I do like the idea of shout outs on twitter, except for the fact that I have a hard enough time remembering to shout out my own blog.

But I remembered a feature Amanda, now blogging at Next Page in Nashville used to do, where she'd highlighted some of her favorite recent posts by fellow bloggers. Think of it as a monthly spotlight post, except I'm telling you why I like reading their blogs. I'm excited to share what excites me, and hopefully you'll feel the same way! So without any further introductions, here are some of my favorite posts from my sponsors for the past month.

Munchkins and the Military
Worst. Anniversary. Ever.
"As much as Hubster and I love each other, we both agree that yesterday was our worst anniversary yet. It even beats out last anniversary, when he was in Afghanistan. In case you aren't following me on Twitter or Facebook, one of our vehicles was broken into last night when we stopped at a hotel on the way to Fort Leonard Wood."
We Found a Place
What a whirlwind of a week it's been!! Yesterday was no different. We house hunted, signed a lease, and moved our belongings into our new home in a matter of eight hours.
Vodka Soak Gummies

Beyond the Aisle
Susan G. Komen 5K Race for the Cure Recap
"I've been writing about my health goals on this blog for a while, and recently I've added a new component to my exercise: walking... and I'm talking long-distance walking!"
Louisiana Bride
Goat Cheese, Cranberry and Dijon Chicken Sandwich
What are your favorite posts from around the blogosphere this past month?

3 comments:

  1. my friend Wendy at the Weekend Gourmet did a post on the SNAP food stamp program- she did shopping for a day on the budget and it was eye opening on how small the budget is for those on that program. It is a great example of showing how there are few "healthy" food options available for the amount of $$$ they are given.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for featuring me Shoshanah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! It was fun to do, plus isn't the whole reason you swap to get others to find your blog? I just thought this was a slightly different and again fun, way to do it.

      Delete