Friday, May 31, 2013

MMRR in May

It's hard to believe but we're about to be entering June! Summer may not be officially here, but it sure feels like it in Southern Louisiana. As I've been doing the past few months, it's my monthly recap post inspired by Lisa's original version.

Meals
I had a lot of pretty delicious food this month. (See mushroom risotto with truffle oil, chicken parmesan, sesame noodles,...) But my favorite had to be my meal at The Pelican House at our book club meeting. I actually started with a glass pear cider. I almost never drink beer or cider, but since it was a pub-type place felt that type of drink only made sense. I definitely made a good choice, because I really enjoyed it.
Pear Cider
And then had the basil chicken sandwich I blogged about before.
Basil Chicken Sandwich
This was so delicious, as were the bites of food I tried of my friends. There were a ton of things I'd want to order from their menu, and can't to be back to try more of them!

Moments
The boy and I went to the last regular season home game for LSU baseball together. While the regular season is over, post season starts today with LSU playing Jackson State in their regional tonight.
IMG_0094
The boy also bought me my new Cannon Rebel! These two photos were taken with my new camera, from the same point of view, but changing the flower in focus, just to give you an idea of what my camera can do.
IMG_0095
Reviews
This month I reviewed 5 books and 4 movies
Seating Arrangements by Maggie Shipstead
I Never Promised You a Goodie Bag by Jennifer Gilbert
The Ward by Jordana Frankel
Sisterhood Everlasting by Ann Brashers
The Keeper of Secrets by Julie Thomas
Iron Man 3
The Great Gatsby
Star Trek Into Darkness

Fast & Furious 6
As for a favorite, call it biased all you want, but I'm going to have to say The Ward.

Remembering
Four years ago, in 2009, I wrote about cooking Marriage Meatloaf for the boy. It's a recipe from Glamour that's supposed to make your current boyfriend propose, and while it may not have worked immeadiatly, we are married now, so I guess I'm a success story!
Marriage Meatloaf
What are your meals, moments, reviews, and remembering from this past May?

2 comments:

  1. The risotto dish sounds AMAZING! So much good food in May :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, that is funny about the meatloaf recipe. I remember there was an engagement chicken recipe that they posted once, too. I miss the days of reading glamour blogs!! That is how I met Amber!

    My best meal was probably the thai curry rice noodles I made, my favorite moment was seeing family when I flew home on the 30th, I reviewed Still Alice as that was one of the best books I have read in awhile, and I while I was feeling very miserable and stressed in May, I reminded myself I felt the same way last May and that it would pass.

    ReplyDelete